It is currently 05/04/24 7:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]
PostPosted: 03/09/09 12:52 am • # 1 
What example of poor driving irritates you the most?

People going slow in the left lane.

PostPosted: 03/09/09 3:06 am • # 2 
Image Tailgating.

PostPosted: 03/09/09 3:15 am • # 3 
Driving erratically...the kind that's most common in people trying to talk on the phone and drive at the same time where they aren't fully focused on their driving, so do things like randomly slow down when you're behind them, then speed up when you try to pass them, and just generally drive like they are completely oblivious to the people on the road around them.

Yes, the driving slow in the left lane drives me bonkers too, but if they aren't on the cell phone and are paying attention, usually getting up on their rear end gives them the message to actually pass someone or get back in the right lane where their slowpoke butt belongs.

PostPosted: 03/09/09 3:28 am • # 4 
Editorialist

People using their brakes on the highway for reasons not apparant and urgent.

PostPosted: 03/09/09 4:02 am • # 5 
I agree with Fluffy. Tailgating. When I used to drive, if someone did that to me, I would drive even slower. I always stayed in the right lane so there was no reason to tailgate me - they could have always passed me on the left.

PostPosted: 03/09/09 4:34 am • # 6 
Actually speeding. Too many drivers drive too fast and consider the 65 mph driver a slowpoke.

PostPosted: 03/09/09 7:15 am • # 7 
Editorialist

Having their car stereo turned up to the point where my car resonates to their bass speakers.

PostPosted: 03/09/09 9:02 am • # 8 
glitterypickles539 wrote:
When I used to drive, if someone did that to me, I would drive even slower.

Now that sort of attitude is one that really irks me on the road, when someone just compounds the problem by doing foolishly dangerous things like slowing down when already being tailgated. But, don't worry, I would never tailgate someone in the right lane. It's just the idiots who get into the left lane and want to crawl along not actually passing anyone that I wish I had a cattle prod to shove up their tailpipe. [img]/domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/devil.gif[/img]

PostPosted: 03/09/09 2:31 pm • # 9 
Editorialist

Tailgating when I'm *already doing the speed limit*.

(If you're in that much of a hurry, leave earlier. Otherwise, back off.)

And yes, I slow down for tailgaters. I already know I can't stop safely without getting hit from behind due to the tailgater 6 inches off my bumper, so I might as well minimize the potential damage. If they back off to a safe distance, I'll resume normal speed and we're both happy.

PostPosted: 03/09/09 3:30 pm • # 10 
I gotta go with the group --- tailgating is irritating, rude, dangerous and insulting!! I drive 120 miles roundtrip to work daily and I've had some real a**holes behind me, even in the worst weather!!!

PostPosted: 03/10/09 4:43 am • # 11 
Administrator

All of the above annoy me ~ but I want to add those who try to beat or jump a light ~ the worst drivers here are most often driving Mercedes and BMWs ~ appears to be an ego thingy ~

Sooz

Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ] New Topic Add Reply