It is currently 09/28/24 3:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Deviant Art help
PostPosted: 09/10/11 4:10 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

Is there anyone else on here who thought it would be a lovely idea to join Deviant Art and discovered they understood what it is they are doing?

If so, I could use all the help I can get.  It seems their vocabulary contains words that mean something different than the usual in Deviant Art Land.

Anyone a member who can navigate and communicate with that site?

If so, please help.

Thank you.

JD

PostPosted: 09/11/11 2:12 am • # 2 
Don't know... post a link...

PostPosted: 09/11/11 11:52 am • # 3 
Editorialist

Sid, I tell you honestly that it is only through serendipity that I come across phrases and sentences that I need translated.  There are so many words that are substituted for other words, and the meanings are confusing to my 76 year old brain.  I can't remember how I got to the "advice or explanation" site that I needed help with.  I keep hitting different words, trying to come up with written information that is confusing, but I can't find my way back,

I feel like Alice in Wonderland.

One example, which I have accidentally found defined, was referring to certain uploaded art works as "scraps."  Scraps, to me, means things cut off from something usable and therefore disposable.  On DA, "scraps" means a "work in progress" or something not up the an acceptable level of  artistic endeavor.  Only trouble is, I still haven't figured out how to get something out of "Deviations" (their name for your "artwork") and into the "scraps" "folder, collection, bin, place,  or whatever they call it." 

I am screwing up so badly, I know I have hurt the feelings of a few artists by either putting their work into the wrong spot, or burying it under a "stack."  (There was no explanation, or definition of a "stack."    I also haven't been able to clarify what is a folder as compared to a collection.

My site is not sufficiently established or active to give you a link you might  get a grasp on, but I will give you a link to a more well established web site.  From there, you may be able to "stumble upon," something that could be clarified..  This is only until I can rediscover the printed information that is so confusing.  And thanks, Sid, for any help you may offer.

This is the link to the site of an artist who has befriended me and tried to help, and she has made use of enough of the featurs that you may be able to get an idea of how information is kind of difficult for someone who hasn't cut their teeth on computers. 

http://lucky-alien.deviantart.com/

jd

PostPosted: 09/11/11 2:52 pm • # 4 
Editorialist

I have no clue what the "deviant" means in deviant art, but there are some really good pieces in that link. thanks JD. 

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ] New Topic Add Reply