It is currently 09/28/24 3:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: RIP Bella
PostPosted: 11/06/11 5:13 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

Tarra and Bella's devoted relationship warmed the hearts of everyone who heard their story. The unlikely duo of an elephant and a dog reminded each of us of the importance of loving one other, despite our differences.

Bella trusted Tarra so completely, she would let the giant elephant stroke her stomach with her foot and caress her with her trunk. Bella and Tarra found sanctuary together in the 2,200 acres of The Elephant Sanctuary; swimming in ponds, exploring new paths, and resting side by side in the sunshine. Bella, we will miss you and your infectious playfulness! We will continue your work, and take care of your friend Tarra.

http://www.elephants.com/Bella/Bella.php

Tragedy struck a pair of unlikely friends who had captured the hearts of caretakers and animal lovers.

Tarra the elephant and Bella the dog began their friendship at The Elephant Sanctuary In Tennesseeabout eight years ago, according to CBS. Last week, Bella was believed to have been attacked by coyotes and died, leaving Tarra to mourn the loss of her best friend.

PostPosted: 11/07/11 10:03 am • # 2 
I couldn't make it through the tape without tears.

I showed the tape of Koko the gorilla and her pet kitten, All Ball.  I think the animals grieve the loss of a loved one.  My class seemed to get something from this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdACUfI6nA0

PostPosted: 11/10/11 5:54 pm • # 3 
Editorialist

I remember Koko and her kitten! 

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply