It is currently 05/04/24 8:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 21 posts ]
PostPosted: 03/17/09 8:31 am • # 1 
Administrator

NewCentury posted the following as yesterday's VoC Question of the Day: "Some argue that men and women are so different that we are different species. Yet we humans all share common attributes, needs, and wants. Today's question (and take a wild guess at a soon to be asked follow-up) is: What one thing about men is wildly exasperating, annoying, and/or irritating?" ~ perhaps not so surprisingly, yesterday's question got LOTS of posts ~ Image ~ I have not seen NC today, but it's easy to make the "wild guess" that he intended today's VoC Question of the Day to be:

What one thing about women is wildly exasperating, annoying, and/or irritating?

Sooz

PostPosted: 03/17/09 11:15 am • # 2 
Since nobody has dared answer yet, I'll suggest an answer...it must be very irritating that we're always right . [img]/domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/happy.gif[/img]

PostPosted: 03/17/09 11:15 am • # 3 

Judge: Why did you shoot that man for offering you help?

Woman: I had a bad case of PMS.

Judge: Oh, well, then, you can go, case dismissed.

Woman: Thank you Your Honor, I knew it would be a good exscuse for any kind of bad behavior or acts. You know how it is with us wimmenfolk -- nobody knows da trubble I seen....

PostPosted: 03/18/09 3:51 am • # 4 
Editorialist

Can we hold this over through Thursday? It's taking longer than expected to compile and sort. Thanks.

PostPosted: 03/18/09 4:00 am • # 5 
We're gonna need a bigger server!

PostPosted: 03/18/09 4:20 am • # 6 
Editorialist

LMAO!

Can a lady take a shot at this?

I find "hypergrooming" by other women annoying.

It's one thing to look professional and/or appropriate in situations that require it. But damn ladies, put down that spackle knife and hairspray!

PostPosted: 03/18/09 4:34 am • # 7 
chaos..................
pssst.............
What the hell is a spackle knife? Image

PostPosted: 03/18/09 4:37 am • # 8 
Editorialist

FeatheredFish wrote:
chaos..................
pssst.............
What the hell is a spackle knife? Image

...as in entirely too much makeup and you can't see skin anymore. lol

PostPosted: 03/18/09 4:43 am • # 9 
Google teaches me it is a filler knife.

I was hesitant to ask in case it was a solution to "womens problems," (of the Jerry Springer variety). Image

PostPosted: 03/18/09 6:37 am • # 10 
Chaos333 wrote:
LMAO!

Can a lady take a shot at this?

I find "hypergrooming" by other women annoying.

It's one thing to look professional and/or appropriate in situations that require it. But damn ladies, put down that spackle knife and hairspray!

I DEFINITELY will agree with you on that one. Used to drive me really crazy in college, because my girlfriends would decide around 8:00 to start getting ready for a party, so, I'd say, sure, and start getting ready. 15 min later, I was done and ready...2 HOURS later, I was falling asleep waiting for them still...I never understood why college parties didn't start until 10 PM until I realized that's what time the women finally show up after they've undergone what only seems comparable to a complete remodeling project, and when they were all done, they looked worse than they started.

PostPosted: 03/18/09 8:12 am • # 11 
OK, I'm going to have to agree with you. I am a 15 minutes (including shower) person and I hate being late for stuff.

PostPosted: 03/18/09 11:59 am • # 12 
Administrator

I also find hypergrooming annoying, maybe because I always connect it to "self-absorption" ~ my hair is naturally curly, so I'm a "wash & wear" girl, letting it dry naturally ~ and I wear very limited makeup ~ I'm closer to [but still under] 30 minutes [a bit longer in cold weather when it takes longer for my hair to dry], from shower to out-the-door ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 03/18/09 10:29 pm • # 13 
Having to guess your way through life with them. "If you loved/knew me you would know".

PostPosted: 03/19/09 2:16 am • # 14 
Editorialist

That's the big one, the communication problem. I say, "A". Later she says, "You said A, but you really meant B". And then we discuss what a shit I am for meaning B, when in reality B had never entered my mind and A is disappearing in the mental rear view mirror. One day I'm going to have a T-shirt printed with "All I meant was what I said!". And then we will argue about what I meant by that.

PostPosted: 03/19/09 5:08 am • # 15 
Man: What's wrong?
Woman: NOTHING!
Man: Are you sure?
Woman: YEEEEES I AM SUUUREEE!
Man: Just thought I'd ask.
Woman: I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU HAD TO EVEN ASK!!!
Man: C'mon Fido, walkies.........

PostPosted: 03/19/09 5:44 am • # 16 
FeatheredFish wrote:
Man: What's wrong?
Woman: NOTHING!
Man: Are you sure?
Woman: YEEEEES I AM SUUUREEE!
Man: Just thought I'd ask.
Woman: I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU HAD TO EVEN ASK!!!
Man: C'mon Fido, walkies.........

Oh, no wonder my boyfriend loves me so much. If he asks me what's wrong, I tell him. He then spends the next half hour desperately trying to change the subject whenever he manages to get a word in edgewise. [img]/domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/happy.gif[/img]

PostPosted: 03/19/09 6:09 am • # 17 
I bet you don't have a dog.

PostPosted: 03/19/09 1:43 pm • # 18 
FeatheredFish wrote:
I bet you don't have a dog.

ROFL! Nope, no dog, and my boyfriend doesn't have a dog either. When I first met him, it used to work...he was very good at changing the subject. Now, he tries, and I'll let him go off on a tangent for a short time, but then eventually he gets, "so, now that you've tried to change the subject, back to my original complaint..."

PostPosted: 03/19/09 2:19 pm • # 19 
Under the Geneva Convention every man entering into a relationship is entitled to a dog.
They are excellent counsellors and understand the male standpoint that all dilemmas in life can be eased or resolved by the deployment of a ball and/or stick. Football, golf ball, tennis ball, poolball, etc
To be denied this right is, (justifiably), deemed cruel and unusual punishment.

PostPosted: 03/19/09 6:46 pm • # 20 
When I was young I heard an expression about how difficult something was. They said it was like herding cats down Main Street.

Then I had a wife and a daughter and it all made sense.

PostPosted: 03/20/09 12:42 am • # 21 
FeatheredFish wrote:
Under the Geneva Convention every man entering into a relationship is entitled to a dog.
They are excellent counsellors and understand the male standpoint that all dilemmas in life can be eased or resolved by the deployment of a ball and/or stick. Football, golf ball, tennis ball, poolball, etc
To be denied this right is, (justifiably), deemed cruel and unusual punishment.

My bf isn't into sports, and he's actually the one who doesn't really like dogs (his mother-in-law brought a dog when she was temporarily living with him in between houses, and he banished the dog to the garage because its nails might ruin the floors and furniture [img]/domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/frown.gif[/img] ...then again, of all the stories I've heard about his mother-in-law, there is a chance that this was no normal dog and might have been extra-destructive.) There's only one game of ball and stick he's really good at and enjoys, and he much prefers to play it with me than a dog. [img]/domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 1   [ 21 posts ] New Topic Add Reply