It is currently 09/28/24 3:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
PostPosted: 12/04/11 11:27 am • # 1 
Editorialist

I have an appointment coming up with a government agency.  I also have a difficult medical appointment (a must keep) scheduled the same day, but in the afternoon.  I don't think I am up to handling both.  I tried searching Google, but I can't find the forms for "Power of Attorney" and "Living Will."

I need all the help I can get to find for me some downloadable forms for "limited" Power of Attorney that I can give to my partner to act on my behalf with the government agency, and I need the a downloadable copy of a "Living Will" form to give to my son as well as exhibit to the medical appointment.   

I'm not truly enlightened about these things, but I have heard from a neighbor that some such forms are "South Carolina specific."  I don't know if that is the case or not.  I had a previous "living will" made and gave it to my son, but he has somehow lost it, or I really forgot to give it to him and  I've lost it.

Can anyone help with locating information and/or forms that I can download for the Living Will, as well as a Limited Power of Attorney.

Don't knock yourself out as I am asking on another couple of boards as well, and maybe I'll get lucky and still find the things myself on line.   But, if someone knows a quicker way for me to get these forms, please, send me a personal message on my profile page, or post it here. 

Thanks, peoples.

jd

PostPosted: 12/04/11 12:20 pm • # 2 
Editorialist

If I'm understanding you need the specific form for S. Carolina? If so, here is the "living will" that I found. Called "DECLARATION OF A DESIRE FOR A NATURAL
DEATH" 

It's at the bottom of the page:

http://www.livingwillid.c.../South%20Carolina-ad.htm

The entire page explains many things and has a great Q&A at the bottom regarding Health Power of Attorney, as well as the above form. It's quite lengthy.

PostPosted: 12/04/11 12:21 pm • # 3 
Editorialist

even better! pdf versions here:

http://aging.sc.gov/legal...lAndPowerOfAttorney.aspx

PostPosted: 12/04/11 12:26 pm • # 4 
Administrator

JD, the forms are definitely state-specific ~ any big office store [OfficeMax or the like] should have the Cole forms for your state ~ the forms are all fill-in the blanks and very inexpensive ~ you fill in your information and you can cross out any provision you don't want to include ~ I just did a generic search for "legal forms" and the first 2 hits are below ~ it might be well worth your time to check them out ~ but be sure you specify your state ~ also, I'm guessing whatever form you use will need to be notarized, so do NOT sign the form until you are in front of a notary public ~ Sooz

LegalZoom (Official Site)
Your Online Legal Document Center. As Seen in USA Today & Entrepreneur
www.LegalZoom.com

Free Online Legal Forms
Quickly and easily create your own legal forms. Quick and free.
www.LawDepot.com

PostPosted: 12/04/11 12:28 pm • # 5 
Editorialist

Here's a general  PoA if you need something quick, but it still has to be notorized etc. etc.:

http://resources.lawinfo....rOfAttorney.cfm?act=fill

PostPosted: 12/04/11 12:28 pm • # 6 
Administrator

Good job, roseanne! ~ Image

Sooz

PostPosted: 12/04/11 2:33 pm • # 7 
Editorialist

Thanks, folks.  I think I can fill in the blanks from this point.  I couldn't find anything that would let me be "state-specific," and I was leery of using a general form.  You all did well.  Thanks a million. 

I filled out one, and it printed out a pretty decent looking document.  It was the POA.  I haven't done the Living Will one yet, but I'm sure it will be okay. 

Sooz, you will never believe how few and far between are stationery stores.  Office Max is a nightmare to get to and get out of.    It always amazes me as to how much is missing in this State capitol.  

Thank you, again,

jd

PostPosted: 12/04/11 3:05 pm • # 8 
Editorialist

I know I'm late to the party, but we used LegalZoom a few years ago for some documents we needed and were pleased.

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ] New Topic Add Reply