It is currently 06/16/24 9:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]
PostPosted: 03/20/09 6:20 am • # 1 
Administrator

Building on yesterday's "psychic" question, do you want to know what the future holds, whether good/bad/indifferent?

Sooz

PostPosted: 03/20/09 6:33 am • # 2 
No, not me. I know that everyone's future has good/bad/indifferent in it, but I don't want to know the proportions of each. I also certainly wouldn't want to know when I'm going to die or the dates of death of anyone close to me.

I prefer to wake up every morning assuming that I'm going to have another good/bad/indifferent day!!

PostPosted: 03/20/09 6:54 am • # 3 
Nor I. I don't trouble trouble 'til trouble troubles me.

PostPosted: 03/20/09 11:46 am • # 4 
Editorialist

I knew you were going to ask that.

PostPosted: 03/20/09 11:48 am • # 5 
Editorialist

No. Without surprise, life is nothing. That's why I'm not crazy about the idea of heaven.

PostPosted: 03/20/09 12:06 pm • # 6 
Maybe the surprise there is the answer to, "Heaven or Hell?"

PostPosted: 03/20/09 2:25 pm • # 7 
Editorialist

well, let's just assume I get to go to heaven (and really why shouldn't I, after all?)...There had better be some surprise, some drama, some uncertainty about something...right?

PostPosted: 03/20/09 2:34 pm • # 8 
grampatom wrote:
well, let's just assume I get to go to heaven (and really why shouldn't I, after all?)...There had better be some surprise, some drama, some uncertainty about something...right?
I believe God has a dark sense of humor, and likes a good surprise, so be careful about assumptions. Perhaps He will decide your desire for a surprise would mean you would be unhappy in Heaven, where everything would just be too nice, and rather monotonously so..... Image

PostPosted: 03/20/09 4:28 pm • # 9 
Editorialist

I definitely agree that God has a dark sense of humor. I once did a sermon titled "Bad Puns Of The Bible". So far no ill effects, lightning strike-wise.

PostPosted: 03/21/09 2:41 am • # 10 
I would love to have an additional referrence instead of just the past and present.

And a so-called "dark sense of humor" by a random deity? Disease, famine, pestilence, pedophilia, starvation, war, abuse, torture, terror, hate, etc etc etc. Funny, real funny, this god.

Last edited by NewCentury on 03/21/09 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 03/21/09 5:33 am • # 11 
I wouldn't want to know EVERYTHING the future holds, but on some things, it would be nice to know. But, what I'm thinking of might be more along the lines of mind reading than predicting the future. For example, are you going to get a promotion in the next few years, or are you just spinning your wheels trying to impress a boss who is never going to promote you...that would be good to know so you can look for a job somewhere else. I don't want to spoil all the fun of surprises, both good and bad, but there are some things that aren't really ruining surprises so much as giving you a way to plan ahead.

PostPosted: 03/21/09 8:16 am • # 12 
Administrator

I find this a difficult question to answer ~ it would be nice to have some warning, especially for negative/difficult events ~ but, on the whole, I kind of enjoy experiencing what each day has to offer as it unfolds ~

Sooz

Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ] New Topic Add Reply