It is currently 05/17/24 10:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
PostPosted: 02/10/09 5:48 am • # 1 
I was not amused at the early Prince performances or music. Simply more style than substance is what I believed. Then, in a salute to the memory of George Harrison, I saw him play the last song. It was, and always has been one of my favorite Harrison songs. That my favorite guitarist ever, Eric Clapton, happened to play on the the White Album version, didn't hurt. "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" was the encore with Prince doing primary guitar. It will go down as one of the best things I have ever witnessed. My view of him changed 180 degrees.

I watched the videos of Hedges. He reminded me of three of my favorite guitarists. If you are not familiar with them I suggest you try them out. Leo Kottke, John Fahey, and Roy Williams. Unfortunately, Williams killed himself before he got to leave the legacy he should have.

PostPosted: 02/18/09 8:01 am • # 2 
I'm not a fan of all of Princes' output but he is an absolutely incredible musician.
I believe he plays some 20 odd instruments "well." Image

Shame about the thing with Sheena Easton Image

Trivia fans:
When Doves Cry has no bass line at all.

PostPosted: 02/18/09 8:10 am • # 3 
When Doves Cry

PostPosted: 02/19/09 4:05 am • # 4 
Editorialist

I don't have to enjoy everything an artist does to appreciate their efforts. (Anyone who can play one instrument well is ahead of me...lol...)

Heck, I sat through Madonna at Live Aid- can't stand most of her music, but she puts on one hell of a show.

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ] New Topic Add Reply