It is currently 05/19/24 11:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: The Stampeders
PostPosted: 02/12/11 8:28 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

Just got back from a Stampeders concert. My first thought was "Holy shit! They are OLD!"  My second thought was "Holy shit! I am OLD!" Image

Great concert. No matter that we were first row, 5 feet from the stage and my ears are still ringing.Image Imagine the joy of being in your mid 60's and still rockin' on stage! Their voices are the worse for wear, but damn, they can still play. One thing I didn't know is that "Carry Me" was the song that launched their career. I thought it was "Sweet City Woman"

PostPosted: 02/12/11 8:37 pm • # 2 
Editorialist

my wife recently saw Earth Wind and Fire, and loved it.

some of these old farts can really play.

PostPosted: 02/13/11 3:37 am • # 3 

PostPosted: 02/13/11 4:59 am • # 4 
Editorialist

Yeah Sid, I love that one too. It was a little disconcerting to see/hear 50-60 yr old women swooning and preening when they played that song. Image
Carry Me is also special to me for obvious reasons. I listened to it over and over when I first came here and cried, lol.

As an aside, Cheech and Chong were also in town for a gig and the band hung out with them while they were both in town. I would've gone to see the two nuts, lol, but by the time I realized they were coming, they were sold out. Tommy Chong was born in Edmonton, but grew up in Calgary. Cheech Marin born in California, moved to BC where he met Tommy. He has also lived in Bragg Creek, Alberta.

Earth, Wind and Fire? Lucky wife. I'll bet that was a great concert.

Ya know, I wonder if today's bands can successfully re-create their music live? There was no such thing as computer enhancements or digital instruments during the early rock years so they were pretty much always "live" even recorded. Of course the acoustics was better in the studio, but the most advanced things I can remember was "echo" and multiple tracks.

PostPosted: 02/14/11 9:56 am • # 5 
Editorialist

LOL, hubby said that these groups are so old, as are most of their fans, that instead of panties being thrown at them, it's Depends! Image

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ] New Topic Add Reply