It is currently 03/28/24 3:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
PostPosted: 10/14/11 4:29 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

i first encountered this guy when i got curious about what sort of man could play Col Jack Ripper in Doctor Strangelove.
would you have guessed he was a restless spirit, a terrific liberal, and a wonderful writer?

here is a terrific quote for these troubled times, that places the value slightly differently than is common these days:

[quote]

“To be truly challenging, a voyage, like a life, must rest on a firm foundation of financial unrest. Otherwise, you are doomed to a routine traverse, the kind known to yachtsmen who play with their boats at sea… cruising, it is called. Voyaging belongs to seamen, and to the wanderers of the world who cannot, or will not, fit in. If you are contemplating a voyage and you have the means, abandon the venture until your fortunes change. Only then will you know what the sea is all about. I've always wanted to sail to the south seas, but I can't afford it.â€

PostPosted: 01/24/12 6:59 pm • # 2 
Oh wow ,Macro ... Not sure if he wrote any other books but years ago remember reading Voyager I think the title , autobiography years ago too Wanderer ... Thought he was quite good writer ... And I love love love a man with the sea in his soul.

PostPosted: 01/25/12 12:57 pm • # 3 
Editorialist

he is a great writer, and a very interesting individual: restless, larger than life.....inspirational.

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply