It is currently 05/18/24 1:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]
PostPosted: 04/02/12 10:03 am • # 1 

3 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
16 oz. jar peach salsa

Combine in a 3-4 quart crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours, until chicken is tender and thoroughly cooked.

You can leave the lid off the crockpot and cook it on high for the last 30-45 minutes to thicken if you'd like, or mix 2 tablespoons cornstarch with 1/4 cup water and add that; cook 20-30 minutes longer on low.

This can also be made with chicken breasts; cook on low for 5-6 hours until the chicken is done. Serves 6-8

PostPosted: 04/04/12 4:50 am • # 2 
Editorialist

Peach salsa? hmmm. Can you buy that? I know for certain it isn't available here. I've never heard of it and I"m from "peach country" in the South. In fact, I lived in the county/city that produced the most peaches. Chilton County, Clanton, Alabama. Even their water tower is a peach. However, when they put it up without the peach paint or leaves, it looked like a giant ass!! LMAO!

Sigh, now I'm craving a fresh picked, ripe peach. Drool (literally from the juices when you bit into one). Nothing like it.

PostPosted: 04/04/12 6:34 am • # 3 
If your stores do not have peach salsa - here is a simple recipe to make some:
[*]4 ripe but firm yellow peaches, chopped (skin on or off, your choice, skin on makes for better color, but if skin is too thick or fuzzy you may want to peel first)[*]2-3 Tbsp chopped shallots or onions[*]2-3 jalapenos, chopped (stem, seeds and ribs discarded)[*]Juice of a lemon[*]2 Tbsp chopped fresh mint[*]2 Tbsp grated ginger[*]1 teaspoon sugar[*]Salt and black pepper to taste

Put the chopped peaches, shallots, and jalapeños in the bowl of a food processor. Add the remaining ingredients. Pulse 2-3 times, just enough to get most the pieces small and to well combine the salsa. Do not liquefy it. Place salsa into a bowl and cover. Let stand for an hour before serving to give the ingredients time to meld.

There are several commecial lines that include Peach Salsa, and I know Amazon carries a few in their grocery line up too....

PostPosted: 04/04/12 8:09 am • # 4 
Editorialist

Thanks! I won't take the time to make it myself. I am not that into cooking with work and all. Unfortunately, Amazon is sketchy about what food it will deliver to Canada and then the shipping cost is prohibitive. I will look for it the next time I'm in Alabama.

PostPosted: 04/04/12 11:05 am • # 5 
Administrator

Sounds delicious, Beth ~ I'm going to try it ... just as soon as I'm sure I'm not sprouting feathers since I've been eating chicken so often ~ Image

roseanne, do you think I could send it to you? ~ I'm willing to try ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 04/04/12 12:21 pm • # 6 
Editorialist

thanks for the offer sooz, but you might run into difficulty. Funny the things they will or will not allow in via courier and/or mail.  I'll just bide my time and get some in Sept. However, if you want to try and sneak in a juicy, ripe, just-picked peach, I'd be much obliged. Image

PostPosted: 04/09/12 10:25 pm • # 7 
Administrator

roseanne wrote:
Thanks! I won't take the time to make it myself. I am not that into cooking with work and all. Unfortunately, Amazon is sketchy about what food it will deliver to Canada and then the shipping cost is prohibitive. I will look for it the next time I'm in Alabama.
http://www.epicureanfoods.com/ca/olives--appetizers/10024-the-garlic-box-ontario-garlic-and-peach-salsa.html

PostPosted: 04/10/12 5:32 am • # 8 
Thanks for that, oskar !!!

PostPosted: 04/10/12 6:54 am • # 9 
Administrator

Roseanne's in Canuckistan.
'Sides, if I'm ever out her way I can mooch a meal if I stay on her good side.

PostPosted: 04/10/12 10:25 am • # 10 
That's our Oskar - always thinkn' ~~~

PostPosted: 04/12/12 4:25 am • # 11 
Editorialist

oskar576 wrote:
roseanne wrote:
http://www.epicureanfoods.com/ca/olives--appetizers/10024-the-garlic-box-ontario-garlic-and-peach-salsa.html

You're always welcome oskar. Image  Thanks for the link. $12 for the jar and $10 shipping? Holy chit! Image It almost be worth a trip across the border, lmao.

PostPosted: 04/12/12 7:11 am • # 12 
Administrator

roseanne wrote:
oskar576 wrote:
roseanne wrote:

You're always welcome oskar. Image  Thanks for the link. $12 for the jar and $10 shipping? Holy chit! Image It almost be worth a trip across the border, lmao.

Might want to make your own, eh?
BTW, salsa is easy to make. We never buy the stuff. Takes me about a half hour to make a jar full.

Here ya go. Leave out the mangos: http://vegetarian.about.com/od/saucesdipsspreads/r/MangoSalsa.htm

Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ] New Topic Add Reply