It is currently 05/18/24 12:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Grapico cupcakes
PostPosted: 10/06/12 8:05 am • # 1 
Editorialist

As a child, my favorite soda was Grapico. My favorite flavor was grape......juice, popcicles, bubble gum or candy. I would LOVE to taste one of these. The pic at the link looks scrumptious. :happydance

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama -- Jan Moon was a little taken aback when Buffalo Rock Co. asked her to create a Grapico-flavored cupcake, she said.

"I thought, 'Oh my gosh. How am I going to make this work?'" Moon said.

But it took less than a day of trial and error in her Dreamcakes Bakery kitchen to find the right formula, and so for the next two months Grapico fanatics will be able to get their fix with frosting on top.

"It really, really tastes like Grapico," Moon said.

The Birmingham-based Pepsi-Cola bottler was looking for a unique promotion for the brand, which it's owned for more than three decades, said Matthew Dent, president and chief operating officer. Buffalo Rock marketing manager Ike Beasley and advertising and marketing firm o2 Ideas hatched the cupcake idea, and Dent was sold as soon as he tasted it.

"It will knock your socks off," he said.

The new Grapico cupcakes will be available beginning Wednesday at the Homewood bakery and on its popular cupcake truck after first getting the unofficial blessing of the Birmingham City Council on Tuesday. The limited production run likely will cease at the end of November.

It's not the first time that a Buffalo Rock product has found its way into another company's product. Several Birmingham bars sell mixed drinks that include a measure of Buffalo Rock ginger ale, Dent said. And customers have for years experimented with recipes including a variety of the company's beverages. But it's the first formal, company-approved use in something edible.

"Our hope is that it brings awareness to Dreamcakes, and to our brand as well," Dent said.

http://blog.al.com/businessnews/2012/10 ... er_default

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ] New Topic Add Reply