It is currently 05/20/24 5:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Cooking frenzy today
PostPosted: 01/20/13 1:55 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

I have put on a completely full crockpot of chili and now have 3 dozen meatballs in the oven. Yeah!! Meals for ages. Going to portion the chili into quart sized freezer bags.

For the chili I used low salt V8 juice, a couple of cans of chili beans, some canned diced tomatoes, also low salt, and the usual spices. Tossed in a bay leaf for the heck of it.

For the meatballs, I used some crushed, hard breadsticks we got in a gift basked. We wouldn't use them for anything else. They have a mild garlic flavor. I usually use Ritz crackers.

It's so easy to grab a few meatballs out, add pasta sauce (store bought) and boil some pasta. Or, simmer them (frozen) in spicy ginger sauce with some carrots and have pasta tossed with garlic butter and soy sauce. Or...lol......have a meatball sub. I've even mashed the meatballs to add to Kraft Dinner as an easy dinner.

Now for the best news! I finally, finally bought an egg poacher. LOL! I am useless trying to poach them in a pan and we love them. I found a $80 KitchenAid one on sale for $20 :D

It definitely goes on my "favorite" list of kitchen gadgets/pots/tools. There's nothing like having the proper tool to do a job, especially if you really don't like the job to start with. :grin

Post subject: Re: Cooking frenzy today
PostPosted: 01/22/13 8:37 am • # 2 
Administrator

egg poacher: $2.00 at a yard sale. ;)

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ] New Topic Add Reply