It is currently 05/26/24 10:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
PostPosted: 12/09/13 10:29 am • # 1 
Editorialist

Although they called this a "one pot" dinner, I used one pan and two bowls lol. Explained below**. It was really good! I also adjusted the ingredients for the two of us using pork loin chops.

1lb. sweet potatoes (about 3), peeled, cubed

1 large red onion, cut into thin wedges

1/2 cup KRAFT Lite CATALINA Dressing

1-1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves, divided

1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken

1-1/2 cups water

2 small pork tenderloins (1-1/2 lb.)

HEAT oven to 375°F.

TOSS vegetables with dressing and 1/2 tsp. thyme; spread onto bottom of 15x10x1-inch pan sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 10 min. Meanwhile, mix stuffing mix and water.

CUT each tenderloin diagonally into thirds. Spoon vegetable mixture to sides of pan. Spoon stuffing down center of pan; top with meat and remaining thyme.

BAKE 45 to 50 min. or until meat is done (160°F).

**So here's how I made it:

3 small pork loin chops, marinated in Zesty Italian dressing for a couple of hours in the fridge. (hubby doesn't like Catalina)

one very large sweet potato, about 1/4 red onion. I cooked these for about 3 minutes in a bowl in the microwave as suggested by one person on the site so that the potatoes are soft.

I "eyeballed" the amount of dressing for the veggies so that it was enough to coat them, but not swimming in it and lined my pan with foil, sprayed with cooking spray, for easier clean up.

I cooked the Stove Top separately later, since many people commented that it was "soggy" in the pan. It takes 4 minutes in the microwave, and sits for 4. Easy-peasy. I also used the cornbread flavor.

I baked the veggies and chops for about 45 mins. I covered the pan with foil as many said their pork dried out too much uncovered.

IOW, I made up my own recipe! LOL :b

PostPosted: 12/09/13 10:36 am • # 2 
Administrator

Your "adjustments" sound better to me than the original ~ I'm gonna try your version, roseanne ~

Sooz

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ] New Topic Add Reply