It is currently 05/03/24 2:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Lasagna
PostPosted: 04/05/14 3:04 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

Keep your fingers crossed for me! I am attempting homemade lasagna tomorrow and having hubby's Aunt over for dinner.
Using a mixture of jarred sauces, a roasted garlic pasta sauce with a basil marinara.
I was shocked to find that the grocery stores here do not carry Ricotta in the regular cheese case, but must be bought in the deli (specialty) area. :angry Expensive, but necessary for me. I love the smooth creaminess in a lasagna and really don't like lumpy cottage cheese, although since the Ricotta container is a little shy of what I need, I'll be using cottage to top it up.

Using 1/2 lb of hot Italian sausage with 1lb of beef. Cooked the meat today and mixed in the sauces, so I have a little head start. The Italian sausage smells heavenly.

I should be good.

Post subject: Re: Lasagna
PostPosted: 04/06/14 8:20 pm • # 2 
Editorialist

Well, it was a success, but.......omg........we had a sewer back up happening on the property at the same time. Hubby was running around letting plumbing contractors in, then he had to leave to pick up his aunt. In the meantime, I was trying to get the lasagna organized. I had one batch of noodles cooked (don't have a huge pot to do all at once), and another going, when the other contractor (the clean up guys) showed up so I had to turn the noodles off with 2 minutes left to cook and just let them sit. I had arrived back home to finish assembling the lasagna, when I realized that I didn't have enough sauce, so I had to stir in more with the meat. I got it all put together, and in the oven when the one contractor locked himself out of the building and I had to run over to let him in. :angry

The kicker is that the first person to call the answering service about the problem promptly left the property. That is unacceptable!! Especially seeing this happened once before a couple of months ago and they KNEW the plumber would need into their unit. If we had not been on the property or had been out of town, they would've been hooped. One does not call after hours or on the weekend about an emergency and the leave! We are NOT here for that. We can call the contractors, but the tenant/owner must be there to let them in the damn place.

We are both tired and cranky. I have a feeling that we will get more calls tomorrow. Probably a couple of people not home, but got water damage.

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ] New Topic Add Reply