It is currently 05/18/24 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
PostPosted: 08/16/14 9:50 am • # 1 
Editorialist

I've been meaning to post this for a while, but kept forgetting.

If you like them sunny side up, over easy or whatever, you can't beat virgin olive oil. You get a good fried egg made with an oil that's good for you and VERY tasty. Hubby tried it on a whim and we don't make them with anything else. Growing up, bacon grease was a requirement for tasty fried eggs. I now prefer olive oil. Bacon on the side please. :)

About bacon: A diabetic friend was telling me that not only is bacon allowed on his diabetic/high cholesterol diet, but up to 6 slices a week! I was surprised. I always assumed that it was a no-no. We buy bacon when it's on sale. I cook a whole package and freeze it. Perfect for BLT's or BTC's (bacon, tomato, cheese) sandwiches for lunch. I found that I have to cook tomatoes or they hurt my tummy, so I pop two slices of bread in the toaster oven with tomato on one side and frozen bacon on the other (cheese under it, if I want the BTC). When it's done, everything is perfect.

As an aside: Oh, how I love our toaster oven! We use it almost daily for something or other. Perfect for meals for two. Small meatloaf, small pizza, frozen fish filets, pork loin filet, chicken breasts etc. Doesn't heat up the kitchen and draws far less energy. Not only that, but it's much more efficient/quick due to the smaller space. A far cry from the tiny, original toaster ovens. I can fit a whole chicken in if I want to. :grin

PostPosted: 08/21/14 1:17 pm • # 2 
Administrator

Yes to all the above.

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ] New Topic Add Reply