It is currently 03/28/24 4:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
PostPosted: 03/24/16 1:36 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

Yesterday we drove to Invermere to do some shopping. On the way back we had planned on trying out a "family" restaurant in Radium, but it was closed. Across the street was a pub. Horsethief Creek Pub. We decided to give it a whirl. OMG! Their bourbon bbq sauce is to die for. The pork was slow roasted and very tender. Although the menu said it was served on a pretzel bun, I don't like them so I asked for a toasted hamburger bun. It was a soft Kaiser bun and toasted to perfection. They topped the tons of pork with some crisp fried onions. Hubby had a club on toasted brown bread. Real turkey breast meat, bacon, tomatoes, lettuce and cheese piled so high he almost couldn't get his mouth around it. Their fresh cut fries were perfect. The coleslaw I got was good. I had to box half of mine to bring home, lol.

I love it when we are forced by circumstances to try something/some place new. Usually turns out well.

As an aside, this place has a Burlesque show Saturday nights. I'll bet that's popular. :b

PostPosted: 03/26/16 8:47 pm • # 2 
Administrator

http://horsethiefpub.ca/

PostPosted: 03/28/16 8:24 am • # 3 
Administrator

The first time I heard the term "pulled pork" I thought somebody was talking dirty. :run

PostPosted: 03/28/16 9:17 am • # 4 
Administrator

oskar576 wrote:
The first time I heard the term "pulled pork" I thought somebody was talking dirty. :run

HA, oskar! ~ :b

Are there any Trader Joe markets in Canada? ~ TJ's has it's own label of [fresh, refrigerated not frozen] "pulled" meats ... pork, chicken, brisket ~ each is really top-notch ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 03/28/16 6:01 pm • # 5 
Administrator

sooz06 wrote:
oskar576 wrote:

HA, oskar! ~ :b

Are there any Trader Joe markets in Canada? ~ TJ's has it's own label of [fresh, refrigerated not frozen] "pulled" meats ... pork, chicken, brisket ~ each is really top-notch ~

Sooz

Not that I'm aware of.
The best I've had was in VA. A friend of mine's brother made the real stuff in a pit in North Carolina.

PostPosted: 11/05/16 9:06 am • # 6 
Jason tells a story. He and Jon were on a band trip in New Orleans making them around 16 years old. They walked up to a pull pork stand. The server was smoking and the ashes dropping into the food. They cited it as the best sandwich ever.

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply