It is currently 03/29/24 12:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Sourdough
PostPosted: 07/12/17 1:46 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

I just sunk my teeth into the most delicious piece of sourdough bread. Soft and billowy with a great crust. Bought at the local farmers market today. Baked in a wood-fired stove right on the site.
Yummmmm.

Can't wait to get some good deli meats like turkey and ham (maybe black forest) to make a few delicious sandwiches.

I also bought an apron there, LOL! You really can't find full body aprons unless they are the kind that make you appear naked or for BBQ'ing made mostly for men. Besides, they are expensive for what they are....
A kind older lady makes these for the market. The one I picked was listed for $9. I gave her $10 and told her to keep it. She was very thankful since she's had people try to haggle the prices down. She said "This isn't a Mexican market!" lol
It is made very sturdy with cords for the ties, a couple of pockets with some cute grosgrain zig-zag trim and it covers me where I need the coverage. I'm a very messy cook. :o

Post subject: Re: Sourdough
PostPosted: 07/14/17 9:25 am • # 2 
Administrator

roseanne wrote:
I just sunk my teeth into the most delicious piece of sourdough bread. Soft and billowy with a great crust. Bought at the local farmers market today. Baked in a wood-fired stove right on the site.
Yummmmm.

Can't wait to get some good deli meats like turkey and ham (maybe black forest) to make a few delicious sandwiches.

I also bought an apron there, LOL! You really can't find full body aprons unless they are the kind that make you appear naked or for BBQ'ing made mostly for men. Besides, they are expensive for what they are....
A kind older lady makes these for the market. The one I picked was listed for $9. I gave her $10 and told her to keep it. She was very thankful since she's had people try to haggle the prices down. She said "This isn't a Mexican market!" lol
It is made very sturdy with cords for the ties, a couple of pockets with some cute grosgrain zig-zag trim and it covers me where I need the coverage. I'm a very messy cook. :o

Not a good thing when cooking naked.

Post subject: Re: Sourdough
PostPosted: 07/18/17 10:40 am • # 3 
Editorialist

oskar576 wrote:
roseanne wrote:
Yummmmm.

Not a good thing when cooking naked.

LOL! You think that's dangerous, how about this headline? I immediately thought about your reply when I read it. :b

Nudism and fireworks: The infractions that keep Canada’s national park wardens busy

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/canad ... story.html

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply