It is currently 05/05/24 1:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
PostPosted: 11/23/09 5:44 am • # 1 
Administrator

Of course, I start with a chocolate dessert ~ Image ~ don't let the word "souffle" intimidate you ~ this is the BEST and EASIEST souffle recipe probably ever ~ you can put it together early in the day and stash it in the frig until you're ready to bake it ~ I serve the hot souffle with a scoop of French vanilla ice cream melting into it ~ by swapping out a few ingredients, you can use this same procedure for a Grand Marnier or a Cappucino souffle ~ if anyone wants those swaps, just let me know ~ I've made both and both are excellent ~ btw, any deep-ish baking dish will work fine ~ I use a Corningware casserole ~ the recipe allegedly serves 6 ~ but not in my house ~ Image ~ ENJOY! ~ Sooz

Souffle au Chocolat

1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup heavy cream
5 eggs
8oz cream cheese, cut into 4 pieces
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla or 1 tbsp rum

Place chocolate chips in blender container or food processor bowl. Heat cream just to boiling point and pour into blender/food processor bowl. Blend for about 1 minute. [Be exceptionally careful pouring and blending the hot cream!]

Add eggs, one at a time, while the blender/processor continues running. Continue blending, adding the remaining ingredients, until the mixture is nicely blended, about 1 minute more.

Pour mixture into a buttered and sugared 1-1/2 quart souffle dish and bake in preheated 375* oven for about 50 minutes to 1 hour. Top will be slightly cracked. Serve immediately.

Notes:

* If you prefer using individual souffle dishes, divide the mixture between 6 ramekins and bake for about 20 minutes.
* Can be assembled earlier in the day and stashed in the frig, unbaked ~ if going from frig to oven, put into oven about 1 hour before serving.
* If you enjoy a mocha flavor, add 2 tsps instant coffee to the hot cream ~ if doing this, use the vanilla, not the rum.

Last edited by sooz06 on 11/23/09 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ] New Topic Add Reply