It is currently 05/09/24 12:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Homemade Pita Chips
PostPosted: 11/30/09 9:56 am • # 1 
Administrator

These chips are extremely easy to prepare ~ and are MUCH better than commercially made brands ~ you can make as much or as little as you want since there are no real measurements ~ and you can use any toppings that appeal to you ~ or none beyond the olive oil ~ ENJOY! ~ Sooz

Homemade Pita Chips

1 pkg pita bread
olive oil
your choice of add'l toppings ~ garlic powder, sesame seeds, dried spices/herbs, a drizzle of lemon or lime juice, etc

Split pita breads into two circles. Brush insides of bread circles with olive oil. Cut bread circles into wedges or any shape you want [any size you want]. Spread chips, cut and oiled side up, on baking sheets. Sprinkle/drizzle with topping[s] of choice. Bake in a very low oven [250* or so] about 30-40 minutes, until thoroughly dried. Let cool. Store in plastic bags.

Notes:
~ It is easier, faster, and less messy to brush the olive oil on the whole bread circle before cutting into pieces.
~ These stay fresh and crisp for a very long time, so it's okay to make big batches.
~ If I'm out of crackers, I crumble and use these chips to top chili.

Post subject: Homemade Pita Chips
PostPosted: 11/30/09 7:11 pm • # 2 
This sounds better than crackers and we use alot of crackers. I am going to try this.

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ] New Topic Add Reply