It is currently 05/08/24 11:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Questions
PostPosted: 05/16/10 9:29 am • # 1 
Editorialist

My first question is about a food processor/blender. Do you have either? Which is best? Best brand vs expense?

Second question: Has anyone made their own peanut butter or cashew butter? 

I absolutely LOVE cashews, but because of dental problems I can not longer eat the nut. I would love to make my own cashew butter to feed my craving. Fresh peanut butter would be good and much healthier, since I need to control salt intake. My mom used to buy it from a health food store where they made it to order as you waited. Health department shut that down. Image

*note*  I eat peanut butter on pancakesImage . I'm sure cashew butter would be good as well.

PostPosted: 05/16/10 10:08 am • # 2 
Administrator

I have two food processors ~ a small [I think it's 5 or 6 cups] KitchenAid that I bought at Bed Bath & Beyond ~ and a larger [maybe 12+ cups] Wolfgang Puck Bistro that I bought on HSN and which I rarely use ~ I use the smaller one several times a week ~ it's big enough for my needs unless I'm cooking for a crowd ~ both work wonderfully ~ and I would recommend either ~ the smaller one has all the blades and features that the larger one has ~ KitchenAid has an even smaller one [3 cups I think] that is just too small to be much use ~ I don't have [or need] a stand-alone blender ~ I either use the food processor or I have an immersible "stick blender", which I use for sauces ~ works fine and serves my purposes ~

I went to the Food Network site and snagged Emeril Lagasse's "Homemade Cashew Butter" recipe that I'll post next ~ sounds simple enough ~ I'm sure there are others, but Food Network is usually my first "go to" site ~ do you happen to have a Trader Joe's near you? ~ not sure if they are only US or not ~ I have bought natural cashew butter there that is fan-tas-tic! ~ I'll check to see if they have a website that you can order from ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 05/16/10 10:31 am • # 3 
Administrator

There is a Trader Joe's website, at http://www.traderjoes.com/index.asp ~ but I didn't see a choice to order online ~ it's still worth checking out because it has some great sounding recipes ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 05/16/10 11:00 am • # 4 
Trader Joe's doesn't have online ordering but you can find out if there a store location near you.

PostPosted: 05/17/10 6:12 am • # 5 
Editorialist

Thanks both of you! After a little bit of research.......actually the first hit on cashew butter for my city........I found a place that sells it at our Farmer's Market, which I plan to visit next week. Yea!

It's all natural with only the nuts. Hmm, I may have to add a little oil myself.

Anyway this place also has a lot of hemp products, hemp hearts (!?) and hemp seeds........to eat, lol. They have peanut butter and OMG, flavored pecans. Honey roasted. I can eat pecans because they are softer than most nuts.

They ship to the US and Canada, but they are right here! lol it's called "Going nuts" 

http://www.goingnuts.ca/

TJ doesn't sell online and there are none here.

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ] New Topic Add Reply