It is currently 05/09/24 11:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
PostPosted: 05/16/10 10:18 am • # 1 
Administrator

Here you go, roseanne ~ I've never made this but after seeing the ingredients, it canNOT be "bad" ~ Image ~ let us know if you try it ~ Sooz

Emeril Lagasse's Homemade Cashew Butter

2 cups unsalted roasted cashews
2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar, optional

In a food processor or blender, combine the nuts, 2 tablespoons of the oil, the salt, and the sugar [if using]. Process on high speed for 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula and then process to desired smoothness, adding more oil 1 teaspoon at a time, if a smoother butter is desired. Adjust seasoning to taste.

Transfer to a bowl to use as a dip, spread, or in other recipes, or place in an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to use.

PostPosted: 07/18/10 7:24 am • # 2 
Editorialist

Ok, I finally made it down to the farmer's market and bought some cashew butter. It's good, but bland. Nothing added. However, I really like it on Ritz crackers as that's enough salt for me and I may try a Cashew Butter Cookie recipe I found. Image I also found a couple of savory recipes much like satay peanut sauce where you can substitute cashew butter.

I also bought their peanut butter. Nothing added to it either. Have to retrain my palate for it, lol. I still miss my Peter Pan from the states. Gotta add that to my list for my trip this week.Image

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ] New Topic Add Reply