It is currently 05/17/24 1:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
PostPosted: 07/20/10 6:14 am • # 1 
Administrator

This is a quick, easy, and delicious meal that I usually serve with steamed or roasted asparagus and buttered noodles sprinkled with Parmesan-Romano cheese ~ I almost always have turkey cutlets [and boneless/skinless chicken breasts] in the freezer ~ the red onion, cooked as suggested in this recipe, has a touch of sweetness to it ~ ENJOY! ~ Sooz

Turkey Cutlets with Red-Onion Relish

2 tbsps olive oil
1 large [1lb] red onion, thinly sliced
3 tbsps sugar
3 tbsps cider vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1-1/4 lbs turkey cutlets

In 12" nonstick skillet heat 1 tbsp olive oil on medium 1 minute. Add sliced onion and cook 15 minutes, or til very soft, stirring occasionally. Stir in sugar, cider vinegar, and 1/4 tsp salt. Reduce heat to low and simmer another 5 minutes. Transfer onion relish to medium bowl, cover to keep warm. Makes 1 cup relish.

In same skillet, heat remaining 1 tbsp olive oil on medium 1 minute. Sprinkle turkey cutlets with 1/4 tsp salt and black pepper to season both sies. Add turkey to skillet and cook 7 to 9 minutes or til turkey just loses pink color thruout, turning over once.

To serve, arrange turkey cutlets on dinner plates and top with onion relish.

PostPosted: 07/20/10 3:34 pm • # 2 
Editorialist

sooz, I am not a huge turkey fan except for roasted breast at T'giving. This sounds good! It's hard to find turkey cutlets here that are reasonably priced.  As you can see from my post, your recipe reminded me of the bruschetta........the red onion did it, lol. I've had a "ground round" meal at a pub here that used red onions in their gravy. Yummmm. Such a delicious and non-traditional thing for gravy.

PostPosted: 07/20/10 3:49 pm • # 3 
Administrator

roseanne, I buy the fresh Turkey Store brand turkey breast cutlets when they're on sale ~ or you can try it with boneless/skinless chicken breasts ~ equally good, but you need to adjust the cooking time a bit ~

Sooz

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply