It is currently 05/08/24 9:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
PostPosted: 09/02/10 11:55 am • # 1 
Administrator

This is a fast and easy Chicken Marsala recipe from delish.com ~ I've made it several times, including for company [who loved it too] ~ I usually serve it with steamed or roasted asparagus and rice or orzo ~ hope you/try enjoy it! ~ Sooz 

Skillet Chicken with Mushroom-Marsala Sauce

4 medium [1-1/4 lbs] skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
salt and pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
1 pkg [10oz] crimini mushrooms
1 large shallot, finely chopped
1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup Marsala wine
2 tbsps chopped fresh parsley

Place chicken breast halves between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; pound with meat mallet or rolling pin to an even [maybe 1/2"] thickness. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper.

In nonstick 12" skillet, heat oil over medium high heat til hot. Add chicken and cook 6-7 minutes, or til browned on both sides and chicken loses pink color thruout, turning over once. Transfer chicken to platter; cover with foil to keep warm.

Add mushrooms, shallot, and 1/4 tsp salt to skillet. Cook 3 minutes or until mushrooms are browned, stirring frequently. Add chicken broth, Marsala wine, and any juices from chicken on platter. Cook 4 minutes to reduce sauce by half, stirring occasionally. Stir in parsley. Serve sauce with chicken.

Notes:
~ Don't need to pound out chicken if pieces are close in size; might have to adjust cooking time if much thinner or much thicker.
~ If chicken gets too cool, put it back into sauce during last minute or so of sauce cooking time.
~ I tend to improvise: when I don't have a shallot, I use half of a smallish red onion with good results.
~ Can use other mushrooms or a combination of mushrooms.
~ I've also used this technique and sauce on boneless pork chops ~ excellent!

PostPosted: 09/03/10 11:06 am • # 2 
Administrator

Shallots as in green onions or real shallots?

PostPosted: 09/03/10 11:33 am • # 3 
Administrator

Real shallots, oskar ~ but as I noted, I've improvised and used red onion [which I always have] when I haven't had a shallot in the house ~ you can [and I certainly would] try it with green onions ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 09/03/10 10:28 pm • # 4 
Administrator

The reason I asked is because in French the word echalotte can apply to both shallots and green onions.

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ] New Topic Add Reply