It is currently 05/17/24 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Citrus Chicken and Rice
PostPosted: 03/13/11 6:21 am • # 1 
Administrator

This is a new recipe I tried last night ~ it's reeeeeeeeeeeeally good ~ it's also fast and easy ~ I am posting the exact recipe, but in Notes below I'll comment on what I will change next time ~ Sooz

Citrus Chicken and Rice

1-1/4 to 1-1/2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1-3/4 cups chicken broth or chicken stock
1/2 cup orange juice
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
3 tbsps chopped fresh parsely

Spray a deep skillet with cooking spray. Cook the chicken over medium to medium-high heat for 10 minutes, or until well browned on both sides. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm under tin foil.

Stir the broth, orange juice, onion, and rice in the same skillet and heat to a boil; reduce heat to low; cover and cook 10 minutes.

Return the chicken to the skillet; cover and cook for 10 minutes or til the chicken is cooked thru and the rice is tender; sprinkle with the fresh parsley.

Notes:

I used chicken stock [because that's what I had in the house] ~ by my taste, it over-powered the citrus flavor of the orange juice ~ still very good but next time, I will use chicken broth [or thin the stock with water] and will change the proportions to 1-1/2 cups broth and 3/4 cup orange juice to 'up' the citrus taste ~

I used 4 chicken breast halves, about 5oz each, and about equal in thickness ~ if you use larger pieces, you might have to adjust the cooking time ~ 

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ] New Topic Add Reply