It is currently 05/18/24 5:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Turkey Breast
PostPosted: 11/27/11 9:38 am • # 1 
Administrator

This is my mother's newest turkey breast recipe ~ it could not be easier ~ and it is oh-so-delish! ~ Sooz

Turkey Breast

1 [3.5 - 4 lb] bone-in turkey breast
salt, pepper
1 stick [1/4 lb] butter

Salt and pepper the turkey breast. Place in pan meaty side down, cavity side up. Cut the stick of butter into 3 or 4 chunks; put chunks in cavity. About 20 minutes before end of cooking time, turn the turkey breast over so the meaty top can brown. If it browns too quickly [iow before suggested cooking time is near done], cover loosely with tin foil.

Notes:
1. This is the whole recipe ... really!
2. Can use other seasonings of choice in addition to or instead of salt and pepper.
3. As the butter melts, it is absorbed by the meat. The meat is juicy and delicious ... and NOT greasy.

PostPosted: 11/27/11 1:20 pm • # 2 
Editorialist

I rubbed a little butter on the skin side of my Turkey breast. Then again, I cooked in one of those bag things, so I wouldn't be able to turn it. No salt. No pepper. It came out very juicy and tender, not greasy. Delicious without any seasoning. The nicest part is that it was "organic", had no injections of crap and was "free range". I bought it months ago on sale and froze it. I do love the roasting bags for chicken and turkey. Beef roasts go in the slow cooker. Hmm, I wonder if you can do turkey in one? Now, I'm off to look.......lol

PostPosted: 11/27/11 1:26 pm • # 3 
Editorialist

Yes! Score! lol Wish I had looked this up before yesterday.   I love my slow cooker. That and my George Foreman styled grill thingy. It makes great burgers, bbq pork chops very quickly. If either crap out, I will head immediately to the store for replacements.

http://allrecipes.com/Rec...urkey-breast/detail.aspx

Read the comments. I wouldn't use the onion soup mix at all, but to each his/her own (and his/her diet restrictions)

PostPosted: 11/27/11 2:30 pm • # 4 
Administrator

roseanne, I usually do pot roast and pork loin in my slow cooker ~ or a cooking bag ~ and I've done BBQ'd brisket in my slow cooker ~ let me know if you want that recipe ~

I too love my slow cooker [one base, 3 different sized crocks] and my George Foreman grill ~ the Foreman grill has a number of different 'plates' ~ even a plate for waffles [which I have not done and am not likely to try] ~ Image

And FTR, I sometimes turn things over while in a cooking bag ~ just use heavy oven mitts ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 11/27/11 3:16 pm • # 5 
Administrator

roseanne wrote:
Yes! Score! lol Wish I had looked this up before yesterday.   I love my slow cooker. That and my George Foreman styled grill thingy. It makes great burgers, bbq pork chops very quickly. If either crap out, I will head immediately to the store for replacements.

http://allrecipes.com/Rec...urkey-breast/detail.aspx

Read the comments. I wouldn't use the onion soup mix at all, but to each his/her own (and his/her diet restrictions)

Add onion soup mix to homefries. Tastes great.

PostPosted: 11/27/11 3:37 pm • # 6 
Administrator

That's a good idea, oskar ~ I'll remember that one ~ never thought about adding it to potatoes ~ or to turkey breast for that matter ~ I add onion soup mix to a lot of different things, including meat loaf, pot roast, and sometimes burgers ~ and it makes a quick and good dip when added to a combo of plain yogurt and lite sour cream ~

Sooz

Post subject: Re: Turkey Breast
PostPosted: 11/23/12 10:17 am • # 7 
Administrator

Bumping up in connection with this year's "turkey breast" posting ~ :b

Sooz

Post subject: Re: Turkey Breast
PostPosted: 11/23/12 5:26 pm • # 8 
Editorialist

I did a turkey breast this year, instead of a whole bird. I couldn't have turned it upside down to roast it because it would have tipped over to the side. Maybe I'll invest in one of those v-racks for next year.

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ] New Topic Add Reply