It is currently 03/29/24 3:47 am

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next   Page 1 of 7   [ 167 posts ]
 Post subject: The Wedding Party
PostPosted: 05/12/10 1:47 am • # 1 
Editorialist

As the time for the wedding nears - only a month and a wake-up away now - the Wedding Party has begun to take shape.  I'm going to start a thread honouring those have agreed to take on special roles for the occasion. 

Since weddings do tend to get somewhat complex it will also be a good thread to remind us of who else we need and what else we need to do.  For example, we have a great music selection thread going but we need someone to be the dj.  Any volunteers?

PostPosted: 05/12/10 2:05 am • # 2 
Editorialist

Glitterypickles has graciously accepted the postion of officially tieing the knot.  In e-mails she has provided us with some wonderful readings and clearly knows what she is doing.  She's going to do a great job and we can't wait to flash our official cyber wedding certificate signed by the renowned Glitterypickles.  there can't be too many of those around. 

PostPosted: 05/12/10 2:07 am • # 3 
Editorialist

Sooz will be April's maid-of-honour.  She had better get busy finding her cosutme for the affair or April will delegate me to do it for her.

PostPosted: 05/12/10 2:10 am • # 4 
Editorialist

This one will be interesting.  Sid in a tux.  He's going to walk April down the aisle.

PostPosted: 05/12/10 2:15 am • # 5 
Editorialist

Katy, who wrote us such a special poem, will still be there in spirit as a bridesmaid.  We are, by the way, going to have her poem to us printed, framed and hung on our wall.  She was such a talented, wonderful woman.

PostPosted: 05/12/10 2:19 am • # 6 
Editorialist

Warrior, our guest of honour, will be enthroned on his special chair of mixed reactions presiding over all with his usual combination of dignity and wisdom.   

PostPosted: 05/12/10 2:23 am • # 7 
Editorialist

Jabra has agreed to be my best man for the wedding.  With great humility he acceded to donning the onerous cloak of best manhood and has promised faithfully to fulfill, the the best of his ability, the time honored traditions of hiring the best strippers for the night before batchelor party, showing-up hangover extremitus for the ceremony wondering where the hell he put the ring, prodding the shell shocked groom into saying "yes" at the right time, telling disgusting, embarassing stories about me at the dinner, reigniting his awesome inebreation during the reception dance, trying to perform a solo polka during the chicken dance and ending the evening by sleeping with one or more of the bridesmaids.

He's a good man!

PostPosted: 05/12/10 3:04 am • # 8 
Administrator

LMAO! ~ you've certainly given this some thought ~ but you forgot that Kathy is a bridesmaid ~ and you might want to gently suggest that her "Morticia" costume may not be appropriate for a cyber-wedding ~ or, maybe it IS ~ Image ~ never fear ~ I'll start cyber-shopping for my outfit promptly ~ and Jab, don't worry ~ I'm 5'4", so even in spikes I'm not "tall" ... unless you're a munchkin ~ Image

Sooz

PostPosted: 05/12/10 3:11 am • # 9 
jimwilliam wrote:
Glitterypickles has graciously accepted the postion of officially tieing the knot.  In e-mails she has provided us with some wonderful readings and clearly knows what she is doing.  She's going to do a great job and we can't wait to flash our official cyber wedding certificate signed by the renowned Glitterypickles.  there can't be too many of those around. 
YOU WANT A MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE TOO?  Fortunately, I just happen to have prepared for that eventuality.  I will post it in a thread here after the ceremony.  If I can figure out how to put glitter on it (as my signature) I will.

PostPosted: 05/12/10 3:16 am • # 10 
sooz08 wrote:
LMAO! ~ you've certainly given this some thought ~ but you forgot that Kathy is a bridesmaid ~ and you might want to gently suggest that her "Morticia" costume may not be appropriate for a cyber-wedding ~ or, maybe it IS ~ Image ~ never fear ~ I'll start cyber-shopping for my outfit promptly ~ and Jab, don't worry ~ I'm 5'4", so even in spikes I'm not "tall" ... unless you're a munchkin ~ Image

Sooz
Sooz, we're going to be in a castle - Kathy's "Morticia" gown is SO appropriate.  Especially if she carries a bouquet of flowers with the blooms chopped off (or covered in glitter).

PostPosted: 05/13/10 6:46 am • # 11 
YOU WANT A MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE TOO?  Fortunately, I just happen to have prepared for that eventuality.  I will post it in a thread here after the ceremony.  If I can figure out how to put glitter on it (as my signature) I will.

Very cool Glittery!Image Thanks!Image
I'll have it printed/framed as well as Katys poem ImageImage

PostPosted: 05/13/10 7:11 am • # 12 
 I'm going to start a thread honouring those have agreed to take on special roles for the occasion. 

In all the excitement havn't you forget someone here?Image......Thanks for posting this thread honeyImage..and am looking very much forward to seeing the time period costumes that the wedding party and guests chooseImage

..ohhh and less than 4 weeks to go and I still can't find the just right wedding dress!!!Image... while searching though,  I did come up with a couple that I just had to post!
 ImageImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: 05/13/10 5:18 pm • # 13 
Editorialist

you've certainly given this some thought ~ but you forgot that Kathy is a bridesmaid

Oh My Gosh!  I forgot Kathy!  I shall do pennance by flagellating myself mightily with a partially boiled string of spaghetti.  Okay, excuse time.  I didn't forget her.  I was just trying to protect her from Jab.  I remember once he said Morticia really turned him on....or was it morticians.  But yes, Kathy too is one of the beauiful bridesmaids.

PostPosted: 05/13/10 5:30 pm • # 14 
Editorialist

In all the excitement havn't you forget someone here

Ummmm.....eeerrrrr......hmmmmm....oh yeah - The Bride.  How can you have a wedding without a Bride and we've got a spectacular one  The love of my life.

(Brides are handy to have along on the honeymoon too.)

PostPosted: 05/13/10 5:32 pm • # 15 
Editorialist

Oh!  And I suppose we need a Groom - that's me.

PostPosted: 05/14/10 4:45 am • # 16 
 As I flew into Chicago at 6am on  personal luxury jet liner (compliments of Boeing) as a pre wedding giftImage...I was filled with anticipation and excitement at seeing the girls and finding the perfect dress for the big day!!!Image

I picked up Sooz and Kathy at 9am sharp in the rented limo and we started the day by going out for a hearty breaky at one of Chicagos finest restaurants..only the very best for us girls!...Image

After breakfast we took off again in the limo to start the hunt for the wedding dress where we umm er ha ha ..sipped champayneImage

I was so excited at our first bridal shop as I tried on about 10 dresses..they were all so lovely.. but none looked like "the right one", not enough cleavage..too much ect ect...ohhh well, can't win em all and the hunt is on!!Image

Our next stop was a more exclusive bridal boutique where we just knew we'd find it! With prices up to 100, 000! and a complimentary glass of champane served to each of us.. Us girls are very optimistic that the perfect dress was right here just waiting for usImage

Tried on about 12 dresses and thought maaaaaybe we found one! so the alteration lady trugging came out..(man she was a tough looking woman), then proceeds to jab pins into my skin as she keeps missing her targets!Image (were outta there!!!!)Image

Now were all getting "just a little" tired so we decided  a relaxing massage was in order at a great place that Sooz knows of well! Ahhh that was niiiice!! and a light healthy veggie lunch (of course served with the best champayne)
I love Chicago!!Image

ok..now we are ready to rock again and find that very special wedding  gown!!!

Well as you can see here,  there was'nt one gown the stood out at all! and  gawwwd...was this woman ever pushy!!! She tried so hard to sell us on the front centre one, and I did try it on as we laughed at how it flattened my chest right out like a pancake Image

Not losing our optimism but instead we decided to take in a bridal fashion show!!..and maaaybe "the perfect special one" would be on the runway!Image

yikes!!!..what the heck is that!Image Cripes they arn't even wearing shoes!..(the sign did say bridal show??) 

At this point we decided to  enjoy a well deserved  totally fabulous dinner at  one of Chicagos finest restaurants overlooking the city! No dress yet!.. but a day well spent with the girls!ImageImage

Not bad for a first dress hunt outting! You guys are the best! and I just loved Chicago!!! 
On the next shopping spree weve decided to take the luxury jet liner so we and all the bridesmaids (Katy too in spirit) can travel whereever we want! to find the perfect wedding party costumes and hopefully this time the bridal gown too!

PostPosted: 05/14/10 5:06 am • # 17 
Administrator

Time to open an account for donations, folks, before Jim is broke. Image

PostPosted: 05/14/10 12:30 pm • # 18 
Not only is jim broke he didn't give me an allowance for a new dress, so contribute folks contribute.

Lunch was delish and a good time was had by all.  Image

PostPosted: 05/14/10 12:43 pm • # 19 
Administrator

WOW, B'fly ~ you did a fabulous job on the post AND the story ~ I'm just curious where you were and what you were doing between 600a and 900a, when you picked us up ~ Image

Sooz

PostPosted: 05/14/10 12:45 pm • # 20 
Administrator

Ya'll can use my card until we figure out the financial situationImage

PostPosted: 05/14/10 3:30 pm • # 21 

Time to open an account for donations, folks, before Jim is broke. Image

Jab-What are you talking about ..broke??.. ..cripes its just pouring from the sky!! Image

Now even coming outta my computer!!!!

Jab-In case your having trouble catching some.....here ya go!Image If you need anymore.. just say the word and its done!Image    

(gotta stay on the best mans good side as he's throwing the stagImage!... (a must see!)Image 

PostPosted: 05/18/10 3:34 am • # 22 
Editorialist

Jeez ladies!  It seems to me you've about exhausted Chicago.  It seems to me that with unlimited funds, transportation and one of the hottest bodies this side of an airbrush to dress you should be out checking the fashion capitals of the world - London, Paris, Rome, Milan.  Get Armani, Dior or Ferragamo to work begging to be the designer....remind them that this is a big deal.  If they're lucky and their design is chosen they may even get famous.

In the meantime I've been out tux shopping.  What do you think of these?

I'm thinking you're thinking I'd better take somebody shopping with me.

PostPosted: 05/18/10 5:56 am • # 23 
So many choices.  What shall I wear to this most important occasion?  I could wear my pope's robes (I am a certified pope you know, have the laminated membership card to prove it)

but they are a bit ostentatious and I don't want to upstage the bride and groom. 

Then I thought, well I could go with my simple, black monk's robe

but that is much to somber for such a joyous event.

So I'm going with my medieval friar's robe - we all know what a lot of fun those friars were and weddings are supposed to be fun!  Not to mention we will be in a castle.

My robe is floor length since I'm a little on the short side, so no worries about shoes.  And I'll BMOB so I may salute the happy couple with a libation after the ceremony.

PostPosted: 05/23/10 4:46 am • # 24 
Editorialist

Thank goodness you told us that was a monk's outfit, Pic.  I was busily checking out the background for an axe and basket. 

I was looking forward, though, to your original costume of sitting around in your underwear swilling beer while you performed the ceremony.

C'mon you guys!  Let's see the rest of your costumes.

PostPosted: 05/23/10 5:28 am • # 25 
Administrator

Okay, okay ~ I've been looking but I'm not yet convinced that "Mother Nature" is my style ~

Also toying with being a "Lady Knight" ~

But, at the moment, "Medusa" is gaining favor ~ I'm partial to the second one, but I think it makes my ass look bigger than it is ~ Image

Decisions, decisions ~

Sooz

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next   Page 1 of 7   [ 167 posts ] New Topic Add Reply