It is currently 03/28/24 8:48 am

Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: Honeymood Suggestions
PostPosted: 06/08/10 2:55 pm • # 1 
Administrator

We need a "honeymoon suggestions" thread ~ and this is it ~ let's come up with the perfect cyber honeymoon to follow the perfect cyber wedding this Sunday ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 06/08/10 3:03 pm • # 2 
Administrator

Sid, last night in chat you mentioned a real castle ~ I know that appealed to B'fly ~ what was the name? ~ that would really be ideal ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 06/08/10 4:03 pm • # 3 

Craigdarroch Castle ~ Victoria BC

Not only a terrific honeymoon suite, but a great city to visit with lots to enjoy!

While enjoying your stay at Craigdarroch Castle, you can enjoy a visit to Market Square in downtown Victoria:

GALLERY

Market Square was one of my favourite places to go in the downtown.  It's a restoration of the old buildings with a multi-level mezzanine surrounding an open courtyard.  Events are held there often so you never know what may be happening when you visit.

PostPosted: 06/09/10 1:26 am • # 4 
I drove up the northeastern coast for a vacation in 1981 and one of my stops along the way was in Gloucester,MA.  I took a tour of Hammond Castle Museum (which, at that time was undergoing some structural renovations). 

Sorry about the quality of the photos - they were taken with a disposable camera.

I got so excited when I saw this guy!  It was like meeting a celebrity.  He's the logo on the box of a brand of frozen seafood that was produced in Gloucester - you could smell the fishsticks throughout the town - made me very hungry.

Not a castle but still a beautiful building.  The Beauport Museum, also in Gloucester, features rooms set up to display life during various points in colonial times.

These shots are from postcards I bought as a souvenir.  We weren't allowed to take pictures within the museum.

Salem is just a short drive from Gloucester, with a lot of witch oriented museums and shows which I had a great time seeing.

PostPosted: 06/09/10 3:13 am • # 5 
I was originally going to send you to Hell.

Before you get too excited, Hell is in Grand Cayman so after you spend 5 minutes looking at the ugly, black limestone and send a couple post cards postmarked Hell you go and enjoy the beautiful beaches.

Now if you really want castles, then Prague is the place to go.  I love the cathedrals all over Europe but the biggest of them all is in Prague.

And it's beautiful at night, too,

There is a second castle in Praque that's pretty cool too.

Now for the absolutely weirdest castle in the world you have to travel 30 miles south and it is the Bone Castle made of human bones.  It's both creepy and compelling.

This chandelier is all human bone.

PostPosted: 06/09/10 3:23 am • # 6 
What's a "Honeymood"? Image

PostPosted: 06/09/10 3:31 am • # 7 
A honeymood is what happens when the groom is spotted watching the football game at a bar with his buds while she's left waiting at the alter. You don't want to go there... really...

PostPosted: 06/09/10 3:37 am • # 8 
Hehe.......Image

PostPosted: 06/09/10 3:53 am • # 9 
Administrator

Sid's 1,000,000,000,000,000% right on this, FF ~ "You don't want to go there... really..." ~ [emphasis MINE] ~ Image

Sooz

PostPosted: 06/09/10 6:47 am • # 10 
Alternatively, you can come to Vegas!

Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ] New Topic Add Reply