It is currently 03/28/24 12:40 pm

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3   Page 3 of 3   [ 66 posts ]
PostPosted: 04/18/10 4:18 am • # 51 
Butterfly, In all honesty I'm not into religious things.  I don't do religious ceremonies.  HOWEVER, it's not about me, it's about you and Jim.  This is all so very sweet and it's a happy thing for two people that we posters and chatters love.  The thread(s) should be where everyone can easily find them to participate.  People not into cyber weddings can easily pass over the threads.  I personally, do not consider any of it to be "clutter".  I want it to be whatever you and jim want.  I think this happiness in the midst of some sad and maddening things is a good thing.  Like an oasis. 

PostPosted: 04/18/10 5:00 am • # 52 
Katy51 wrote:
Butterfly, In all honesty I'm not into religious things.  I don't do religious ceremonies.  HOWEVER, it's not about me, it's about you and Jim.  This is all so very sweet and it's a happy thing for two people that we posters and chatters love.  The thread(s) should be where everyone can easily find them to participate.  People not into cyber weddings can easily pass over the threads.  I personally, do not consider any of it to be "clutter".  I want it to be whatever you and jim want.  I think this happiness in the midst of some sad and maddening things is a good thing.  Like an oasis. 
Thanks Katy..were not really into "religious things" ourselves,  and have taken lately to spending a little time enjoying the peacefulness of the grounds of a Buddist temple that is nearby here. (actually going there this morning for a bitImage )...and weve decided to write our own vows/commitments to each other in the ceremony as well.. 
It was suggested to put the threads on a separate board as there will probably end up being more than a couple different ones that would be too much for the general board....such as a recipe thread, shower thread, ..........costume thread ..ha ha. We have decided that we'd like to get cyber married where our relationship began, in a castle! I think this would be fun as guests can pick thier own costumes in whatever time period they choose Image. ohhhh and we'll be spending our wedding night at the same room we had at the top room in one of the  towersImageImage 

Here's a pic of the castle,  and weve booked it for the week of the wedding Image

PostPosted: 04/18/10 5:06 am • # 53 

Cool    

PostPosted: 04/19/10 3:42 am • # 54 
Editorialist

Beenherebefore wrote:
Butterfly, not sure whether you and Jim are breaking new ground or not, I do remember some great and famous cyber couples over the years like Mav and Goldy, InI and Widda, Vodka and Tonya, Sarge and Lady Sarge and at least one infamous couple - Alice and (i forget his name) but don't know how those relationships started.....
I remember Tara and Packrat from CEII and from WWU there was Icewalker and Polarbear.  Both of them were real life couples- 2 women living in CA and two eskimoes living in Alaska.

PostPosted: 04/19/10 11:16 am • # 55 
Queen... I so enjoyed reading Tara's posts. Wonder whatever happened to her? I don't see her on any of the boards I belong to now.

PostPosted: 04/19/10 3:55 pm • # 56 
Beenherebefore wrote:
Butterfly, not sure whether you and Jim are breaking new ground or not, I do remember some great and famous cyber couples over the years like Mav and Goldy, InI and Widda, Vodka and Tonya, Sarge and Lady Sarge and at least one infamous couple - Alice and (i forget his name) but don't know how those relationships started.....
I remember some of them as wellImage..a few of the girls from work also met their spouses via net.......I was meaning more along the lines of cyber wedding/ceremonies done on the net (was curious). Im just very grateful that Sooz and Voices/Choices is hosting this for us  

PostPosted: 04/19/10 4:08 pm • # 57 
This pic that will always hold a very special memorie for us bothImage...during a walk we took  yesterday afternoon (weather was beautiful too!) along the coast in Whiterock BC Image 

Image Image

PostPosted: 04/19/10 5:55 pm • # 58 
Awwww!      Image

PostPosted: 04/20/10 2:11 am • # 59 
Editorialist

Dee wrote:
Queen... I so enjoyed reading Tara's posts. Wonder whatever happened to her? I don't see her on any of the boards I belong to now.
I don't think I've heard from Tara since MSN.

PostPosted: 04/20/10 7:26 am • # 60 
Yes, I loved Tara too and remember reading her packrat stories, she was a very nice lady.

PostPosted: 04/20/10 8:16 am • # 61 
This is so awesome. I just planned a wedding, in 2 months, so if you need any help let me know!

PostPosted: 04/22/10 4:43 pm • # 62 
mpicky wrote:
This is so awesome. I just planned a wedding, in 2 months, so if you need any help let me know!
Hi mpicky- thanks and soooo happy for you and Brian!...Congrats to you both againImage
I don't know how I'd be planning an actual wedding..ha ha...Jim and I will probably end up  doing something very spontaneous for the real life ceremony  ....but this cyber ceremony will be the real ceremony to us  at heart Image

I'm curious of when your actual wedding date is? We'd love you to be here at our ceremony unless your actual wedding is on the same day..

PostPosted: 04/23/10 7:05 am • # 63 
Butterfly4you wrote:
mpicky wrote:
Hi mpicky- thanks and soooo happy for you and Brian!...Congrats to you both againImage
I don't know how I'd be planning an actual wedding..ha ha...Jim and I will probably end up  doing something very spontaneous for the real life ceremony  ....but this cyber ceremony will be the real ceremony to us  at heart Image

I'm curious of when your actual wedding date is? We'd love you to be here at our ceremony unless your actual wedding is on the same day..

Thanks!

It is next Friday, April 30th! So, I will be around for your day!

PostPosted: 05/23/10 3:22 am • # 64 

PostPosted: 05/23/10 4:00 am • # 65 

PostPosted: 06/06/10 7:50 pm • # 66 
That was adorable!!  Think you and Jim could do a little something like that? Image

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3   Page 3 of 3   [ 66 posts ] New Topic Add Reply