Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next   Page 2 of 3   [ 66 posts ]
PostPosted: 04/15/10 3:07 am • # 26 
sounds perfect to me , jim. so romantic , so you and april

and yes , i have happy tears in my eyes

PostPosted: 04/15/10 10:39 am • # 27 
Editorialist

Have you set a date yet?

PostPosted: 04/15/10 10:40 am • # 28 
I think we're gonna need a bigger box of tissues. 

PostPosted: 04/15/10 1:29 pm • # 29 
sooz08 wrote:
LOL, jim ~ as if there were ever any doubt ~ Image

For the record, pic [glitterypickles] posted the following message in our Suggestions/Complaints board yesterday:

"I was just thinking about the cyber-wedding for Jimwilliam and Butterfly and all the preparations we would make if it was a RL wedding.  Why not set up a separate forum for the wedding threads?  This way, we could do a recipe thread for foods and beverages that will be eaten at the wedding (which could later be moved to the recipe forum) and different threads for other things, like wedding music for instance.  Just a thought..."

I like the idea of a dedicated board or sub-board to keep everything together without ending up with a gazillion threads stickied at the top ~ but I want to be sure that both B'fly and jim are comfortable with that ~ so ... B'fly and jim, please let me know your thoughts ~

Sooz

Hi Sooz- Jim and I just discussed it and think its a great idea to have a sub board for different threads and move everything over to there!Image We have no idea how this is all done although we have heard of cyber weddings...and  are very honored that V/C has agreed to host this.Image

We  would also love it if you Sooz would officiate it for usImage (be the minister for the actual ceremony)

ImageButterfly

PostPosted: 04/15/10 1:41 pm • # 30 
They do have women rabbis don't they, sooz?

PostPosted: 04/15/10 2:00 pm • # 31 
Administrator

Yes, Katy ~ Image

April, I'm truly, deeply touched that you and jim would trust me with this ~ but I'm not sure a Jewish woman is the right choice ~ I want to give it a bit of thought ~ I do have an idea that I'd like to discuss with you tho ~ please check your PMs in a few minutes ~

Sooz 

PostPosted: 04/15/10 2:35 pm • # 32 
Editorialist

PostPosted: 04/16/10 3:04 am • # 33 
Sooz, you could always join the Universal Life church and become an ordained cyber-minister (I did).

[url=http://]http://www.themonastery.org/?destination=main[/url]

PostPosted: 04/16/10 12:57 pm • # 34 
Do you have to have a pure bloodline to be a female Rabbi, or can you get away with just being Jew-"ish"?

PostPosted: 04/16/10 1:03 pm • # 35 
Fabulous Jimwilliam!!

Well done, just make sure you mark your thread OT or off topic - LOL!

PostPosted: 04/16/10 3:42 pm • # 36 
Administrator

FeatheredFish wrote:
Do you have to have a pure bloodline to be a female Rabbi, or can you get away with just being Jew-"ish"?

LMAO ~ well, FF, you know which role I fit ~ Image

Sooz

PostPosted: 04/16/10 5:43 pm • # 37 
Gosh, this is all totally beautiful.

PostPosted: 04/17/10 1:19 am • # 38 
Only on VoC Dee... Only on VoC... I've never seen anything approaching this on any other board that I've ever been a member of. It is unique.

PostPosted: 04/17/10 1:31 am • # 39 
We might be onto something here.
VoC could become the Gretna Green of messageboards where couples can elope to.

Cyber congrats to both of you guys. You both come over as genuinely nice people.
I hope you've drawn up a pro-nuptial regarding the fair division of passwords, photobucket accounts, etc. Image

PostPosted: 04/17/10 3:02 am • # 40 
Administrator

FeatheredFish wrote:
We might be onto something here.
VoC could become the Gretna Green of messageboards where couples can elope to.
Ummm ... no ~ NO ~ NO ~ NO ~ VoC services are strictly limited to VoC members ONLY ~ Image

Sooz

PostPosted: 04/17/10 3:41 am • # 41 
Don't forget the pre-nup. :-)

PostPosted: 04/17/10 4:08 am • # 42 
Beenherebefore wrote:
Don't forget the pre-nup. :-)
Man they're hard on typos/stupidity on here. Image
Ty for your subtle correction Beeny :-)

PostPosted: 04/17/10 5:17 am • # 43 
Oooooh, my very dear FF, I'm so sorry - didn't see your post.

There is no way I would try to be nasty to you about anything - especially spelling.

PostPosted: 04/17/10 5:18 am • # 44 
Maybe if it was a pro nup there would be fewer divorces?

PostPosted: 04/17/10 5:34 am • # 45 
Katy51 wrote:
Maybe if it was a pro nup there would be fewer divorces?
prenups are useless ..I will only marry once, and cyber firstImage...but,  out of curiosity I looked it up anyway..ha ha and did not find "cyber prenups" anywhere.. 
Has anyone here ever seen this before (attended a cyber wedding?) or are we breaking a new ground here at V/C?? We havn't decided on a date yet, but will make it when everyone is available...we were thinking maybe May or June???

If anyone sees any great links to planning a cyber wedding we would really appreciate it!Image

PostPosted: 04/17/10 5:56 am • # 46 
http://honeymoons.about.c...svi/a/virtualwedusvi.htm

http://marriage.about.com...ary/howto/htcyberwed.htm

http://marriage.about.com...iage/a/cybermarriage.htm

I'll look for more as time allows. :-)

PostPosted: 04/17/10 6:13 am • # 47 
Butterfly, not sure whether you and Jim are breaking new ground or not, I do remember some great and famous cyber couples over the years like Mav and Goldy, InI and Widda, Vodka and Tonya, Sarge and Lady Sarge and at least one infamous couple - Alice and (i forget his name) but don't know how those relationships started.....

PostPosted: 04/17/10 7:48 am • # 48 
Beenherebefore wrote:
Oooooh, my very dear FF, I'm so sorry - didn't see your post.

There is no way I would try to be nasty to you about anything - especially spelling.
Ohh does the pain never end.
"I didn't see your spelling mistake FF because I didn't bother to read your post."
S'ok, I'll be fine in a minute. No really, It's just a little bit of dust in my eye is all.Image

:-)

PostPosted: 04/18/10 3:26 am • # 49 
Administrator

So everyone knows and can plan accordingly ~

I got a PM from April this morning suggesting Sunday, June 13th at 300pm [PDT] ~ I replied that anything that works for she and jim is fine w/us ~ so ... mark your calendars! ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 04/18/10 4:07 am • # 50 
sooz08 wrote:
So everyone knows and can plan accordingly ~

I got a PM from April this morning suggesting Sunday, June 13th at 300pm [PDT] ~ I replied that anything that works for she and jim is fine w/us ~ so ... mark your calendars! ~

Sooz
Yippppeeee!!!!Image  thanks a lot Sooz.Image We are so glad that the date/time are now set! I'm so happy with this date as it just happens to be Jim's 60th birthday as well!!!Image, and will love to have the cyber wedding and celebrate his birthday at the same time with our friends on the net!Image I guess it would be a good time soon to move these threads over to a side board as to not clutter your general board..and for the members who are not into cyber weddings 
Love ya
April/Butterfly 

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next   Page 2 of 3   [ 66 posts ] New Topic Add Reply