It is currently 03/28/24 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next   Page 1 of 4   [ 77 posts ]
 Post subject: A Butterfly Is Gone
PostPosted: 02/28/11 5:01 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

I don't know how to start this but I want to tell all her friends on here that April passed away this afternoon.  She was in fine spirits this morning and was getting some breakfast ready for me while I showered.  All of a sudden she called me out of the shower and said she had a massive headache.  Within two or three minutes she had slipped into unconciousness.  She had had a massive brain hemorage and died late this afternoon.  - Jim

PostPosted: 02/28/11 5:07 pm • # 2 
I am so, so sorry jim.

There are no words.  Life is so fragile.

Nothing will probably comfort you right now, but you can be secure in the fact that April loved you and you made her very happy in her too brief time on earth.

I am so sorry.

PostPosted: 02/28/11 5:08 pm • # 3 
Administrator

jim, I have no words other than to say how deeply sorry I am to learn this ~ it is so terribly unfair ~ if there is anything we here in VoC can do to help you thru this devastating loss, please just let us know ~

Love, Sooz

PostPosted: 02/28/11 5:14 pm • # 4 
Editorialist

We're all here for 'ya jim.Image

PostPosted: 02/28/11 5:21 pm • # 5 
Editorialist

Heartfelt condolences to you Jim, and April's family.

PostPosted: 02/28/11 5:37 pm • # 6 
Administrator

I don't know what to say. I'm speechless and shocked.

PostPosted: 02/28/11 5:57 pm • # 7 
Editorialist

Oh my Jim, I am so sorry! Be comforted in the fact that you made April supremely happy and she loved you fiercely. From what I could tell from your posts and photography, you spent a lot of quality time together in the short time she was with you.

PostPosted: 02/28/11 6:09 pm • # 8 
Jim, there simply are no words to say how we here feel.  We enjoyed and appreciated your love for Katy and hers for you and we shared her feelings.  We believe that at the very end we ask ourself a question.  Is the world a better place because I was here?  Her answer could be a resounding YES.  We are all better for knowing her and sharing in the happiness you two found together.  Our hearts go out to you.  You are in our thoughts.  We love you.

PostPosted: 02/28/11 6:22 pm • # 9 
Jim, I am so, so sorry to read this.  Butterfly was such a special person and you two were a special couple.  I hope you find comfort in your wonderful memories. 

PostPosted: 02/28/11 6:31 pm • # 10 
Editorialist

Jim, it is shocking to hear this news. I wish you peace in knowing that you made her very very happy.

PostPosted: 02/28/11 6:35 pm • # 11 
Jim... I know there are no words that can comfort you right now, but please know this - we surround you with our love and thoughts. You will always have someone to comfort you if you need. April was my friend... I've known her on line for almost a decade and if there was anyone who couldn't have been happier for her when she met you, it was me. Through her I have come to know you and I consider you too to be a friend...

I can't type this through my tears...

So long dear April... may we meet when I too pass from this mortal coil.

PostPosted: 02/28/11 9:36 pm • # 12 
Jim words are too inadequate to express how sorry I am to hear of your heartbreak...my thoughts and prayers are with you.  Focus on the love my friend....it will get you through this...Image

PostPosted: 03/01/11 2:04 am • # 13 
I am sitting here in tears and completely shocked. I can't even muster the words to express my sadness. You and April shared a very special moment with us all and I will never forget it. I have no idea what to say other than my heart goes out to you and to the rest of the family. I am so sorry.

PostPosted: 03/01/11 2:44 am • # 14 
jim, I am deeply saddened and shocked.  You and Butterfly have always brought a breath of fresh air and joy to the boards.  Please know the you are both in my thoughts today.

PostPosted: 03/01/11 2:55 am • # 15 
Administrator

I don't know what to say other than how much this shocks and saddens me, jim.

PostPosted: 03/01/11 4:11 am • # 16 
Jim
My condolences to you. The news shocked me -I can't even imagine what it did to you. I didn't know Butterfly well but I know you made each other happy.
What could be more important in this life?

PostPosted: 03/01/11 4:13 am • # 17 
Oh Jim. I am so sorry. Knowing April was a joy. Knowing the story of the 2 of you was inspiring. I am sorry she was taken form you so early, but I am glad the 2 of you went for happiness and spent the time together that you did.

I wish I could give you a big hug.

PostPosted: 03/01/11 4:19 am • # 18 
Editorialist

Oh, Jim. She really was a butterfly, she was funny and unpredictable and beautiful as we knew her through her writings here.  A good heart. She had spine, too.  Everyone admires her for all that and we admire you, too. Not much anyone can say to  help when you are so wounded as you must be today. I hope  it helps to know we're thnking about you and loving you today.

Tom

PostPosted: 03/01/11 4:46 am • # 19 
Editorialist

Oh Jim, I don't know what to say.  It seems so unfair after everything you both went through and after you finally found each other and found happiness that it would all end so suddenly.

Would you like us to plan an online service?  The way we attended your online wedding?

I'll really miss b-fly, I loved her.

Greeny

PostPosted: 03/01/11 6:00 am • # 20 
Editorialist

Jim:

i know that Butterfly had a difficult life before she met you.  but i also know what a difference you made to her, and how happy she felt just to be with you- how giddy and girlish and just overjoyed.  and that joy came out here and probably in every encounter for her. 

i know that you probably can't even get a handle on your grief right now.  it will take a long long time.  but remember, Jim that you have us here, your loyal friends, as a support network to help you through this difficult time.

for now, i will remember her as she was: a radiant beam of sunshine in an otherwise darker world.

god bless both of you.

with love,

chris

PostPosted: 03/01/11 6:24 am • # 21 
I talked about April in my Identity, Strengths and Values group this morning.  It was linked to our discussion on existentialism and meaningfulness in life.

We tied it to the fact that life is finite by design and that we should let the people we love in life KNOW that we love them.  April knew how much you loved her and you made her happy.  You know that too. 

When you are ready, come talk to us in chat.  We are there about 11PM Eastern most evenings.  We can share happy memories which are important.

We love both you and April and we're here!!!!

PostPosted: 03/01/11 7:19 am • # 22 
Administrator

I fully agree, Kathy ~  in the busyness of today, it's easy to assume tomorrow ~ but reality is that no one has any guarantee for a 'tomorrow' ~ what we each have is limited to right now ~ we each need to ask ourselves the poignant question Jeanne raises in her #7 post: Is the world a better place because I was here? ~ and that question prompts another, and to me at least equally important question that we each need to ask ourselves: do the people in our lives know we value them, that they are important to us, that we love them? ~ for April, the answer to both questions is easy: YES ~ if our own answers are not an immediate 'YES', we need to fix that ~ today, because we can't assume a tomorrow ~

My wish for all of us is that when the time comes, we can all answer 'YES' to both questions ~

I'm grateful April came into my life ~ and I'm grateful that April and Jim shared a profound and unending love with each other ~ and with us ~ Jim, the one thing I know with certainty is that knowing others care does help ~ it can't make everything better, but it helps ease the raw pain ~ if there's anything I/we can do, I deeply hope you'll let us know ~ 

Rest in peace, April ~ for ever and ever ~Image

Sooz

PostPosted: 03/01/11 7:21 am • # 23 
Editorialist

This was not at all what I expected to read.  I am so sorry for your loss Jim!  And for everyone who knew her.  She was always so upbeat and positive and inspiring.  I don't know what else to say. 

PostPosted: 03/01/11 7:32 am • # 24 
Editorialist

I can't believe this!  Oh Jim, I am so sorry for your loss.  She was truly one of the nicest people I have ever met online and I can't believe she's gone.  Please know that I will keep you in my thoughts.

PostPosted: 03/01/11 8:15 am • # 25 
We saw the first monarch butterfly back from Mexico a couple of days ago.  We think of April when we see butterflies.  What a perfect match, April and Butterfly.  Today we saw the first bluebonnet of the season.  The bluebonnet can look so delicate and is, but the strength it has just to show itself is awesome.  It has to fight all soil types, has to survive too little water or too much, has to push through all the obstacles to reach through and show itself.  Then a beautiful blue shows in the midst of the dull browns and greens.  Then it stands in all it's glory and brightens the world for everyone.  A butterfly will come along and land on that bluebonnet.  That is perfection.  It paints a picture that will never be lost.  The bluebonnet is joined by other flowers of all colors, sizes and shapes.  It is not alone.  The picture of the butterfly on that bluebonnet will last forever and we will smile.

We love you, Jim

Jeanne

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next   Page 1 of 4   [ 77 posts ] New Topic Add Reply