It is currently 05/18/24 12:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next   Page 2 of 4   [ 86 posts ]
 Post subject: Yuku hiccups
PostPosted: 09/04/11 3:31 pm • # 26 
Editorialist

It wouldn't let me access chat just now (11:30 pm eastern central time sunday night).  It's calling me an unregistered user.  Image

PostPosted: 09/05/11 2:56 am • # 27 
Administrator

Greeny, I didn't see your PM or post until I came out of chat last night ~ I did respond to your PM ~ there are two things everyone who can't access chat can try and one thing we can't control ~ you can try to:

1.  Clear your 'flash' cache

2.  Uninstall your flash version and reinstall a newer version ~ go to http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/

The one thing we can't control is when our ISPs update the DNS [don't ask me to explain what DNS is because I can't] ~ according to the tech gurus in Andrew's
MemberSupport group, apparently Canadian ISPs tend to update DNS slower than others ~

Greeny, whenever you come online today, no matter what time, please try to access chat ~ then let us know, via posting here or via PM, whether or not you are still experiencing the same problem ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 09/05/11 3:57 am • # 28 
DNS = Domain Name Server. It's the definitive catalog (or database) of the actual physical locations (IP addresses) of all web sites on the internet. ISP's have to "crawl" the DNS database in order to know where the sites are located. Since the internet is very fluid and sites change locations often, the ISP's have to update their database with all the IP adresses on the DNS frequently.

PostPosted: 09/05/11 4:28 am • # 29 
Administrator

Thanks, Sid ~ now that you've explained, the question is will I remember? ~ Image

Sooz

PostPosted: 09/05/11 5:14 am • # 30 
It's simple: it's a "phone book" for ISP's.

PostPosted: 09/19/11 6:47 am • # 31 
Administrator

I'm experiencing very sluggish posting and navigating in yuku today ~ anyone else having a problem?

Sooz

PostPosted: 09/19/11 7:56 am • # 32 
Editorialist

Yep. While I have your attention, did they ever fix the .gif problem? I haven't tried in a while.

PostPosted: 09/19/11 8:17 am • # 33 
Administrator

Thanks, roseanne ~ I'll report the sluggishness ~

No, to my knowledge yuku has not corrected the images problem ~ the new owner has promised to fix the glitches ~ I posted a link in my post #24 in our
Yuku's been sold again thread to an email from the new owner acknowledging the problems and laying out what they plan to do to fix the problems ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 09/19/11 9:26 am • # 34 
Editorialist

ImageThanks

PostPosted: 09/19/11 9:57 am • # 35 
YUKU is slower than my old dial-up connection.

PostPosted: 09/20/11 3:54 am • # 36 
Editorialist

Ditto on the slow and sluggish. Makes the theme for Jeopardy play in my head while I wait....Image

PostPosted: 09/20/11 4:19 am • # 37 
I think of that old tone my modem used to make when I dialed in.... bzzzzzzzztpppbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz boing boing bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt....

PostPosted: 10/08/11 2:47 pm • # 38 
Editorialist

Don't know if this is a Yuku problem, a server problem or what......but when I click on a thread I get the following. It even appeared in my dialog box for this reply before I refreshed:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /var/www/html/modules/dbm/dbm.mod on line 101 Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /var/www/html/modules/dbm/dbm.mod on line 101 Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /var/www/html/modules/dbm/dbm.mod on line 101 Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /var/www/html/modules/dbm/dbm.mod on line 101 Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /var/www/html/modules/dbm/dbm.mod on line 109 Fatal error: Could not connect to DB:account a1-3 account_reader in /var/www/html/modules/error/error.mod on line 285

PostPosted: 10/09/11 2:18 am • # 39 
They must be doing something with the servers... I couldn't get on last night (502 Bad Gateway). The warning you got tells me the servers weren't connecting to the database.

PostPosted: 10/09/11 2:28 am • # 40 
Administrator

Looks like Roseanne broke yuku's database with a mass attack of queries. I knew she would manage it one day.

PostPosted: 10/09/11 2:59 am • # 41 
Administrator

Great idea, Jab! ~ we can blame roseanne ~ Image

Yes, last night was awful ~ first I couldn't access anything yuku, then I got white pages, then I got Bad Gateway 502 error messages ~ I did email Chris at yuku support, who responded that she couldn't access anything either and that the techs were working on it ~ it cleared up around 1100p my time, but by then I was tired and headed to bed ~

There are rumors that most of the continuing stability problems are caused by how the 'cloud servers' work ~ 

Sooz

PostPosted: 10/10/11 2:40 am • # 42 
Editorialist

jabra2 wrote:
Looks like Roseanne broke yuku's database with a mass attack of queries. I knew she would manage it one day.

LMAO! Image 

Getting white pages today. If I refresh, it's ok most of the time..........

PostPosted: 10/10/11 3:03 am • # 43 
Administrator

Yeah ~ it was bad last night and remains bad today ~ VERY frustrating ~ it is system-wide in yuku ~ and yuku support is as, if not more, annoyed and frustrated as we are ~ sometimes repeated refreshing works, sometimes not ~ I'll report anything I learn ~ if I can't get in or post here, check in VoCII ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 10/10/11 12:00 pm • # 44 
Administrator

There have been no 'official' updates all day, which I personally resent and find very annoying ~ but I'm guessing that's because there is nothing to report ~ personally, I'm getting less frequent white pages and have to refresh fewer times ~ so I guess that's some improvement ~ I'll keep watching and will post anything I hear/learn ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 10/10/11 12:37 pm • # 45 
They're going to have to fix this soon because they run the risk of losing people and communities. This is an instant gratification world working in an instant access environment.

PostPosted: 10/10/11 1:11 pm • # 46 
Editorialist

Things seem to be speeding up and working better in the last half hour or so.  Hope it lasts...

PostPosted: 10/10/11 2:30 pm • # 47 
Administrator

This update was recently posted at Yuku Support ~ I'll post the 'more detailed announcement' when it is posted ~ Sooz

Current Status:

The system is currently stable after experiencing repeated server issues this past weekend.

We are waiting for a chat server reboot. A more detailled announcement will be posted at announcements.yuku.com in the next hour.

PostPosted: 10/10/11 2:51 pm • # 48 
Administrator

Here's the detailed announcement posted at Yuku Support ~ Sooz

Recent server issues have been fixed

Hello everyone,

First and foremost, please allow us to profusely apologise for the server issues this past weekend. We are aware that the repeated outages have been tough on all of you. The technicians have worked throughout the weekend to resolve the current problems.

While the servers are back to performing acceptably, no doubt you are wondering what exactly is being done to prevent this type of issues in the future. What is being done to make your boards and profiles load more reliably.. these are fair questions and we'd like to give you the answers you deserve.

The Crowdgather team has been expanded with extra engineering and support staff. After familiarising themselves with the Yuku network, first priority and focus is on getting to the root of the issues and making the necessary adjustments.

Unfortunately, this cannot happen overnight, it will take time and effort, and until the ultimate goal of server stability has been reached, there may still be some bumps in the road.

Knowing how dedicated the Crowdgather team is towards fixing the system, we here at Yuku have put our full trust in this team, and we hope you will do the same. Experiencing more stability and comfortable browsing for all of our members system-wide is not a mere wish, it is a promise we are happy to make today.

Thank you for hanging in there with us,
Yuku Team

PostPosted: 10/11/11 10:09 am • # 49 
Administrator

I've been at school most of today ~ yuku seemed fine early this morning and seems fine now ~ any problems during the day?

Sooz

PostPosted: 10/11/11 10:17 am • # 50 
Touch wood...

Not so far.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next   Page 2 of 4   [ 86 posts ] New Topic Add Reply